ADMINISTRATOR ACADEMY #1717
SB 100 calls for schools to make changes in how students are disciplined, particularly as it relates to suspensions and expulsions. This bill, now known as Public Act 99-0456, goes into effect on September 15, 2016. Administrators’ Academy #1717 introduces participants to the requirements of the new law and provides strategies to reform disciplinary policies and practices through a prevention-oriented approach. Participants will identify their district or school-specific discipline issues and learn how to apply principles and practices of restorative justice to address their most prevalent challenges. It is encouraged that teams of administrators and other school staff directly involved in student discipline attend together.
This academy is presented by an interdisciplinary team that includes a school psychologist, attorney, and restorative justice trainer. To maximize participants’ learning, participants will be asked to collect and review their own district or school disciplinary data and policies in advance as part of a pre-academy activity. Below you will find a list and calendar of all upcoming trainings as well as a map of where we have conducted past trainings.
- Aug 9, 2017 DeKalb Regional Office of Education (Dekalb) Aug 9, 2017
- Sep 7, 2017 DuPage Regional Office of Education (Lombard) Sep 7, 2017
- Sep 13, 2017 Regional Office of Education #35 (LaSalle, Marshall & Putnam) (Illinois Valley Community College, Oglesby) Sep 13, 2017
- Sep 14, 2017 Lake County Regional Office of Education (Grayslake) Sep 14, 2017
- Nov 1, 2017 Lake Park High School East (Roselle) Nov 1, 2017
- Nov 29, 2017 Regional Office of Education #12 (Clay, Crawford, Jasper, Lawrence & Richland Counties) (Robinson) Nov 29, 2017
TSDC and its member organizations provide a variety of trainings that equip school-based professionalswith knowledge and tools to better school culture and climate
List of trainings coming soon - check back for updates.